Stream Football Club is the lake regional winners of the Guinness Night Football tournament. The team defeated Kotoko Football Club three goals to two to emerge winners of the first regional five-aside tournament.

A first-half hat-trick from Calvin Ogallo ensured that they maintained their unbeaten run to be the first team to book their slot in the national finals slated for Nairobi in the month of November.

In the intense final match, the lack of concentration from Kotoko FC resulted in Stream FC taking an early lead. Stream FC dependable striker Calvin Ogallo capitalized on the sloppy defense to slot in from close range for the first goal. He then scored two more goals to give his team a comfortable lead in the first half.

guinness night football
Fredrick Ochieng (left) of Stream FC dribbles past Calvin Wekesa (right) of Kotoko FC’s during the Guinness night football held at Simba Union Club in Kisumu.

During the second half, Kotoko FC regained confidence and scored two goals in quick succession from their goalkeeper Elijah Oloo and their poacher Joe Mesi to cut the lead to one goal.

The match ended 3 – 2 in favor of Stream FC as they defended immensely in their own half to ensure they won the first regional tournament.

Stream FC captain Calvin Ogallo said, “We were a bit confident in the first half after the 3 goal cushion. During the second half, we lost our concentration and we were punished for it. Great work from my team, the persistence, endurance and determination shown, enabled us to be able to be crowned champions. We are confident we will be the national champions and proceed to Nigeria for the pan-African tournament.”

guinness night football
Stream FC Team Captain, Calvins Ogallo (left) celebrates with teammates after they beat Kotoko FC 3-2 in the finals during the Guinness night football held at Simba Union Club in Kisumu.

Stream FC en route to the finals, defeated Tesolink FC one goal to nil, they then defeated Legend FC three goals to nil in the penalties with the game having ended scoreless in regulation time. In the semi-final match, they defeated Kenya Re FC one goal to nil to book a slot in the finals that they won against Kotoko FC.

In the 3rd place play-offs, John Collins Onyango from Homeland FC scored the solitary goal to help his team clinch the 2nd runners up position against Kenya Re FC.

Each match was played for 20 minutes with each half being 10 minutes.

The winners walked away with Kshs. 50,000, while the first runners up won Kshs. 20,000 in the regional finals.

The 12-week campaign dubbed ‘Guinness Night Football’ is aiming to give consumers an opportunity to represent Kenya in a pan-African tournament in Lagos, Nigeria.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Nyakach Denis
Load More In Sports

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Check Also

Super Striker Dennis Oliech Retires From Football

Former Kenya international super striker Dennis Oliech has officially retired from footbal…