Kenya Lioness Head Coach Felix Oloo has announced a squad of 23 players to face Uganda Lady Cranes in the second Elgon cup encounter.
The Squad facing the Uganda Lady Cranes this Saturday 13th July at the Kyadondo Rugby Club has seven changes made to the side.
Millicent Opala will make her first appearance for the Lionesses on Saturday since 2015 when the Ladies Elgon Cup match was last played at the RFUEA Grounds. Winfred Maina, Winnie Owino, Anne Njeri, Victoria Gichure and Diana Awino will be making their debut for the Lionesses in Kampala. Emmaculate Owiro who started off the bench in the first leg makes starting 15 of the return leg.
“We are very confident that this final squad of 23 players will do the job this weekend. The changes in the squad are designed to build team cohesion and allow them to gel. We want to see how the different options we have to perform as well as how they absorb the pressure as we build a formidable squad for the Rugby World Cup qualifiers in August,”
“This is by no means the final squad for the qualifiers but it gives us a chance to see more players showcase what they can do before we settle for the final 26 players,’’ concluded Oloo.
Elgon Cup Squad:
- Imogen Hooper – Northern Suburbs(VC)
- Victoria Gichure- Northern Suburbs
- Winfred Maina- Stanbic Mwamba
- Emmaculate Owiro – Menengai Cream Homeboyz
- Millicent Opala – Menengai Cream Homeboyz
- Janet Owino- Menengai Cream Homeboyz (VC)
- Michelle Akinyi – Resolution Impala Saracens
- Leah Wambui – Menengai Cream Homeboyz
- Winnie Owino – Resolution Impala Saracens
- Ann Njeri – Resolution Impala Saracens
- Christabel Lindo – Resolution Impala Saracens
- Philadelphia Orlando – Northern Suburbs (C)
- Celestine Masinde – Stanbic Mwamba
- Diana Awino- Resolution Impala Saracens
- Janet Okelo – Stanbic Mwamba
- Stacy Atieno – Stanbic Mwamba
- Juliet Nyambura- Northern Suburbs
- Everlyne Kalimera – Stanbic Mwamba
- Bernadette Oleisia – Shamas
- Enid Ouma – Menengai Cream Homeboyz
- Irene Atieno – Menengai Cream Homeboyz
- Grace Adhiambo – Top Fry Nakuru
- Stella Wafula – Resolution Impala Saracens
- Felix Oloo – Head Coach,
- Camilyne Oyuayo – Team Manager,
- Samuel Njogu – SnC Coach,
- Anthony Maina – Physio