The Next Economy Program is here again, to support young people in Kisumu to launch their career. After a successful launch at LakeHub in the last few months, their is this new opportunity targeting those in tertiary institutions to improve on their employment skills, before they proceed to attachments, or career jobs, or those who would like to hone their entrepreneurial skills for their businesses/ideas.
In only 6 months it will help you find out what you want to do, help you get skilled and make sure you get to work! And it’s FREE! And flexible enough to fit into your education/employment/business plans!
What is The Next Economy Program About?
When you join you will go through a 3-month introduction, with interactive training sessions. During the introduction training you will learn how:
- To visualize your own opportunities to help you find out what kind of work you would like to do.
- To understand the world of work.
- To strengthen your personal skills, such as teamwork, communication, creative thinking, planning and organizing and management skills.
After 3 months you can choose one of the two follow-up training courses:
- Make it Work > Find an internship and get connected to your future employer.
- Get Started > Learn all about entrepreneurship and start-up your own business idea.
In order to join this program you have to be:
- Between 21-30 years old
- Motivated to join the program and be present at all meetings
- The duration of the full program is 6-months.
- You can combine this program with a job or school as the program is not full time.
- The program is free for all participants!