Jambo Impala Eco-Lodge: Perfect Lakeside Hideout in an Animal Sanctuary
Perfect Lakeside Hideout with the impalas
Impala Animal Park and Sanctuary being one of the sanctuaries in Kenya that offers the protection of endangered impalas and other wild animals always provide a revitalizing experience whenever one pays a visit. A quick walk to the cheetah’s den, or the lion’s cage is always very refreshing, but my best bet is always the cheerful and playful monkeys.
Standing there at the cages tells you a lot of how life is: In a cage or not in a cage. They sometimes just want to come out and grab whatever little you may be having, despite the “DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS”, you are always tempted, but then you obey, nonchalantly.
This is however, besides the point of this article. After the lake-shore walk with the impalas, most of the time all you need is just a place to unwind, from the hot Kisumu sun, and just reflect on who you are as a person. Nothing prepares or welcomes you for this than the lodge within the park. Jambo Impala Eco-Lodge is your perfect hideout, if you need that escape from friends, family or whomever you please to hide away from.
Jambo Impala Eco-Lodge is benignly located by the shores of Lake Victoria within the lush grounds and protected ecosystem of the Kisumu Impala Sanctuary. This opulent hideout might be just what you needed to unwind yourself. Built to minimize ecological impact and to maximize your comfort, this is the perfect base for exploring Kenya’s Western Circuit and the many activities offered by the lake.
Remember, if you ever visit the park, and you are tired and just want to grab a quick meal, a swim, then the lodge would just be what you need. The lodge is one of a kind in Kenya to be established by the lake, within the CBD and also within an animal sanctuary.
The fact that one has to pay at either of the two gates to access the lodge and park is enough proof that this is the only perfect hideout in Kisumu and Western Kenya.
Mobile communication ability is also impaired once at the lodge, making finding you forever difficult!
Accommodation & Relaxation
Jambo Impala offers several spaces for relaxation including the restaurant, bar & lounge, swimming pool and gazebo on the lake. It has 12 cottages in total, and can accommodate up to 24 patrons at any one go while double sharing.
It also has conjoined cottages to provide for a family setting with kids to use the other room.
The cottages are identified by the Luo numbering they have been given. From Achiel, Ariyo, Adek, Ang’wen, Abich, Auchiel, Abiriyo, Aboro, Ochiko, Apar, Aparkod Achiel, Aparkod Ariyo for one to twelve respectively they are named; making any guest to also appreciate the local progressive Luo culture.
They also cater for those who are disabled and might need special provisions in the cottage. They all also have a balcony each overlooking the lake.
The rooms are fitted to make you feel like royalty. Exquisitely furnished with private balconies overlooking Lake Victoria. They rooms come fitted with the finest bedding and all the amenities one could wish for. The rooms are very Eco-friendly. All the furniture is made of local solid wood and raw materials, including the dreaded water hyacinth.
All the rooms are also fitted with all the latest state of the art communication system, has a safe for storing personal documents or belongings, and a 42” TV.
Things to Do
Jambo Impala lies in the midst of breathtaking natural beauty including the Kisumu Impala Sanctuary, Lake Victoria and its many surroundings, and wider attractions in Kenya’s Western Circuit such as the Kakamega Rainforest.
Apart from providing accommodation services, Jambo Impala Eco-Lodge provides a host of other utilities to its users:
- Events hosting – the facility offers unparalleled opportunities to host events like weddings, parties and even conferences, this can cater for even up to 500 people at any one time. The outdoor garden is huge enough for bonfires and outside catering too. The ferry “The Beast” can also be used as a floating wedding/party location deep within Lake Victoria’s waters. The ferry has a carrying capacity of up to 150 people. It has been used before as a floating restaurant during Valentine’s Day and also as a party boat in the lake.
- Swimming – the restaurant has a swimming pool just beside the Lake Victoria waters. Since the lake water is very muddy, you have the option to swim in the lodge’s pool.
- Lake Victoria island trips/Lake Cruises/Boat excursions – one can opt to enjoy the lake by taking a deep water cruise using the speed boats at the lodge. You can have the opportunity to tour the lake resources as beaches, islands and even sport fishing.
- Sun-downer/Sunrise and sunset watching & cruises – this is one of the perfect spot to catch a late beautiful sunset as it sets yonder the Lake Victoria’s waters. All the cottages are specially made with provisions of balconies that makes catching this awesome sight easy and stress free when accommodated here.
- Hangout with friends over a football match at the elegant bar in the lodge compound.
- Hippo viewing/Bird watching and guiding/Botanical Walks – Lake shore walk with the Impalas: enjoy the wild side of Kisumu by enjoying the natural scenery and wildlife that the park is known for.
- Cultural tourism
Within easy reach of major air, road and rail networks, Impala Eco-Lodge is reassuringly secluded from the madding crowd, making it the perfect getaway.
One can access the lodge from three dimensions:
- By road from the town center to the park.
- By water straight to the lodge from any of the lakeside destinations.