GDG Kisumu, MMUST, Kisii and Rongo are once again happy to announce the third annual GDG DevFest 2017 the largest Google related event in Kisumu.
Google Developers Groups (GDG) – are open and volunteer geek community who create exciting projects and share experience about Google technologies.
The event will have presentations touching on the following topics:
- Android: new features in Nougat, tools, best practices, frameworks & libraries for building native mobile apps. Kotlin, RxJava, Data Binding, testing, architecture best practices.
- Cloud & BigData: Firebase, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud, PaaS, TensorFlow, Vision API, Speech API, best practices, NoSQL, Spark, Hadoop, Drill, Machine learning
- IoT: Raspberry Pi, Arduino , Picaxe, Low energy Bluetooth Beacons,Smart Devices
The Keynote Speaker
Previously, Prosper worked at Andela where he helped build the PHP, Laravel and Core Dev curriculums that are currently being used in Nigeria and Kenya. He also trained and mentored Andela fellows to become solid and exceptional problem solvers. He likes to call himself a developer evangelist, constantly and passionately inspiring developers across Africa to be world class!
- Marvin Ngesa is a highly motivated Electrical & Telecomm Engineering student, a community organizer, a maker and an educator. He is currently an IoT Champion where he is responsible for presentations, training and sharing contents on Internet of Things and Embedded Systems within the Google Developer Groups, Sub Saharan Africa. He is also an Intel Student Ambassador where he has worked closely with Intel for almost 3 years to understand their latest technologies. His role involve frequently speaking at conferences, actively supporting developers, sharing my passion and experience by publishing high quality technical videos and tutorials, writing code samples, mentoring developers and startups and much more. Marvin is also the editor of https://medium.com/iot-5g-extreme-ideas-lab, and a contributing writer for https://gdgkimathiuniversity.blogspot.com/ and http://intelatdkut.blogspot.com/. He has authored 100+ IoT articles in the same.
- Stella Maris is a passionate software developer who spends her free time contributing to open source projects such as Agile Ventures and Public Lab. She was the only East African participating in Google Summer of Code (GSOC) 2017. She is currently running Rails Girls, a 2 month boot camp to help ladies learn how to code.
- Ceciliah Mbugua has never been a speaker, but has demonstrated a couple of things to people. In an Africa’s Talking session at LakeHub, she showed fithub basics and at RubyConf at Riara University demonstrated how to set up a machine for ruby and rails and basic concepts in object-oriented programming mostly for webs.
- Excited to be having Eugene Mutai this Saturday for #DevFestWesternKE. Eugene Mutai is currently a software engineer/consultant at Andela. He’s a cryptocurrency miner who has climbed his way out of poverty to become an esteemed technology consultant and programmer, and is now using cryptocurrency as a vehicle to enter global financial markets.He’ll be feeding us Bitcoins.
- Frank Tamre is a Software Engineer, instructor and Mentor . He loves inspiring, teaching, coaching and building solutions. He is passionate about telling african stories to a global audience. He loves helping improve the capacities of developers and startUps the tech ecosystem.
- Kelvin Kamau is a seasoned Android and Web developer, student, project lead and executor. He is currently in the 3rd year of his undergraduate in Computer Science. He is passionate about technology and the impact it can have on people’s lives. He has been privileged to spearhead and collaborate in multiple mobile technology projects for clients. He is often described as results-driven, an analytical problem-solver with experience in identifying opportunities and developing new strategies and implementing frameworks to meet challenging development demands.
- Stephen Ondeche is a young tech enthusiast with a passion for systems development. He believes in reinventing the wheel as much as building on the shoulders of giants because to him it is the experience and rich understanding of underlying technology that births great ideas and productive projects. DIY is his life and he enjoys working with other DIY enthusiast to build working systems. He is also a passionate gamer.
- Dennis Riungu is a software engineer and a very passionate poet. He enjoys coding for solutions that bring out real world problems in software form. He began as a mobile developer for the Windows Phone platform and Windows Universal Platform, Windows Azure cloud stack and now enjoys creating web experiences using AngularJS and Typescript. Dennis is the GDG country mentor for Kenya and enjoys advancing the tech communities around Kenya and beyond.
- More than excited to be having Roina Ochieng talking about Increasing the visibility of women in tech. She’s the Lead Organizer and Developer at Google Developer Group Nairobi. She’s a versatile Growth Hacker who is passionate about people, growth and using technology to change to revolutionise Africa.
- Vivian Akinyi is the Google Developer Ecosystem Community Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa. She’s a software engineer passionate about technology and community development. Her session will be on Firebase!
- Margaret Ondeng’ is an experienced Software Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the telecommunications industry (Mobile Money and VAS). She has a Master’s Degree focused in Computational Intelligence from University of Nairobi. She’ll be guiding us in a session on Cloud and Big Data by helping us demystify machine learning.
- Dennis Gikunda is a UI/UX designer at M-Kopa Solar where he uses design thinking and an agile UX approach to solve experience problems as well as develop intuitive interfaces. His true passion lies in creating meaningful products that have a positive impact on peoples lives.When he’s not coding or pushing pixels, you’ll find him playing table tennis or assisting social entrepreneurs to achieve sustainability using a human centred design approach.
- Allela E Denise is ready to show the world what IOT is during the festival.
You can still sign up and book your space HERE.