Oliver “Tuku” Mtukudzi is a Zimbabwean musician, businessman, philanthropist, human rights activist and currently the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Southern Africa Region.
Born in September 22, 1952 (age 63), in Harare, Zimbabwe, Mtukudzi will for the first time visit the lakeside City of Kisumu. He, however, has held numerous performances in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tuku is considered Zimbabwe’s most renowned and internationally recognized cultural icon of all time.
With 56 albums up his sleeve, he is definitely a global music star!
Live in Kisumu on September 17th
The event to be hosted at the “Home of African Hospitality” – Acacia Premier Hotel, will also feature local acts as the songbird Suzanna Owiyo of the Kisumu 100 hit song. The Kisumu’s all boys band – the Creative Band Kenya, will also presumably drive the audience crazy with their new hit song – Rasukha Murwe, which has currently taken over all the airwaves.
Mtukudzi will be jetting in to the country tomorrow the September the 13th, and has a host of activities lined up for him in the week before snaking his way in to the lakeside city of Kisumu on the 17th.
- Make an appearance at the Tonight Show on Ebru Tv
- Appear at the Maina Kageni and Larry show on Capital FM at 8am
On the September 16th
- He will be at Citizen TV at 1pm with Willis Raburu
- Then at Jeff Koinange Live on KTN
- Then later at the The trend with Larry Madowo
And finally on September 17th
- Arrive in Kisumu from 10am
- Then make a tour of the town as he makes his way to Acacia Premier Hotel, for a Red carpet reception
- At noon, there will be a media brief led by the team from Urban Radio, then later for a Lunch at Acacia, then onward for rehearsals for the mega event later in the evening.
Which songs by Tuku do you know? And you’d like him to play?
Kisumu awaits you Tuku 🙂