Amazing Football Facts that you may not have known
Tags :Football factsFootball facts you didn't knowSports facts
Football fans, did you know these?
- When Barcelona’s Xavi was 19, he almost signed for Milan. His father gave his “yes” to him but his mother said “if Xavi leaves Barca, I will divorce!”
- While Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s youth team was 4-0 down, he came in as a substitute and scored 8 goals.
- Juan Mata is the first player in history to have joined Manchester United from Chelsea.
- Xherdan Shaqiri has so far won league titles in every year of his professional career.
- Alex Song has 27 siblings – 17 sisters and 10 brothers.
- Ryan Giggs is the only Premier League player to score 100 goals without scoring a hat-trick.
- Cristiano Ronaldo was named after former US President Ronald Reagan.
- Steven Gerrard has swapped his jersey with more than a hundred players, but never with a Man United player.
- Ronaldinho first gained media attention when his youth team won 23 – 0. He scored all 23 goals.
- Chelsea have been relegated more times than they have won the English league.
- The difference in Messi’s age and Ronaldo’s age is 869 days, the same difference as between Messi’s son and Ronaldo’s son.
- Zinedine Zidane was never caught in offside position in his whole career.
- Only one GOLD Premier League trophy has been awarded and it was to Arsenal because in 2003/2004 season, they didn’t lose any match.
- Brazilian legend, Pele, scored 92 hat-tricks, 4 goals on 31 occasions, 5 goals on 6 occasions, and 8 goals on an occasion.
- When Mourinho says you have a bright future, it means you can’t make his team at the present.
- Cristiano Ronaldo was expelled from school at the age of 14 after throwing a chair at his teacher for mocking his family’s financial status.
- CR7 has no tattoos because he frequently gives blood and getting a tattoo will render him unable to do so for 6 months.
- Real Madrid sold 50,000 James Rodriguez jerseys in one day. Juventus sold 0 (zero) Bendtner jersey in one season.
Do you have anything else to add? Write it in the comment box below: