The upcoming rally ace Joe kariuki navigated by John Ngugi tackled the most toughest rally in the world with no breaks for 3 days as veteran Edward Maina navigated by Steven mbuthia take Group S safari trophy.
Joe Kariuki/John Ngugi driving a Subaru Impreza N11, clocked 3.32.14. Joe started number 38/43, finally managed to clinch position 18/43.
The Delamere Ranch leg of the race proved to be such a tough terrain, making many established names fall out in the early stages of the race. The likes of Baldev Chager, Quentin Mitchell (who had a broken rear shock), Tajveer Rai (lost brakes), Issa Amwari (gearbox problems), Jansher Sandhu (bell housing issues) and Karan Patel (had a minor accident), were all forced to bid the competition goodbye at that early stage.
Kisumu-based rally driver – Jaspreeth Chatte won the leg.
Below is the standings list:
- 1.Jaspreet Chatthe/Gurdeep Panesar (Mitsubishi Evo10), 2hrs.21.49
- Rajbir Rai/Greg Stead (Ford Fiesta) 2.24.09
- Tapio Laukkanen/Pasi Torma (Subaru Impreza) 2.30.38
- Ian Duncan/Amaar Slatch (Mitsubishi Evo10) 2.31.42
- Carl Tundo/Jessop (Mitsubishi Evo10) 2.32.49
- Onkar Rai /Gareth Dawe (Mitsubishi Evo10) 2.34.03
- Farhaaz Khan/Keith Henrie (Mitsubishi Evo9) 2.47.59
- Eric Njogu /Tony Kimondo (Subaru IMpreza N10) 2.49.29
- Mahesh Halai /Ketan Halai (Subaru Impreza N12) 2.55.47
- Asad Khan/Harshil Limbani (Subaru Impreza GC8) 2.56.52
- Natasha Tundo/Chantal Young (Subaru Impreza) 3.07.21
- Edward Maina/Steve Mbuthia (Subaru Impreza GC8) 3.16.43
- Osman Abdullahi/Evans Mwenda (Subaru Impreza N10) 3.19.23
- Chandrakant Devji/Julius Mwachuya (Subaru Impreza GC8) 3.22.19
- Adil Mirza/Kashif Shaikh (Mitsubishi Evo9) 3.23.41
- Alex Lairang’i/Anthony Gichohi (Toyota Corolla) 3.26.02
- Ramesh Vishram/Riyaz Ismail (Ford Escort) 3.31.12
- Joe Kariuki/John Ngugi (Subaru Impreza N11) 3.32.14
- Geoff Mayes/Jamie Mactavish (Range Rover) 3.36.12
- Nikhil Sachania/Salim Khan (Fiat Abarth) 3.48.27
- Leonardo Varese /Kigondu Kareithi (Toyota Corolla) 4.44.27.