It is with pleasure that we announce the launch of the 5th Kenyan Blog Awards. Going by tradition, this also coincides with the official opening of the submission phase. Thereafter judges will decide the best 5 in each category before the public votes for their best in each category. This year, one new category, the Best Religious/Spirituality blog, has been added to bring the number of categories to 19.
In a clear indication of growth in the Kenyan blogging space over the years, we have seen a steady increase in the number of submissions with over 1800 blogs being submitted last year and over 150,000 votes recorded.
Past winners of the Kenyan Blog Awards include:
- Mutua Matheka (mutuamatheka.co.ke),
- Silvia Njoki (silvianjoki.com),
- Wambui Waithaka (wambuiwaithaka.com),
- Sharon Mundia (thisisess.com),
- Jackson Biko (bikozulu.co.ke),
- Sam Wakoba (techmoran.com),
- Dennis Machio (michezoafrica.com) and
- Limo Taboi (bankelele.co.ke).
To submit blogs into the Kenyan Blog Awards 2016, bloggers and their fans should visit blogawards.co.ke/submit.
The timeline for this year’s awards is as follows:
- Submission phase – January 8th 2016 to February 10th 2016
- Judging phase – February 11th 2016 to February 28th 2016
- Voting phase – March 2nd2016 to April 30th 2016.
- Winners’ announcement – May 7th 2016
- History – blogawards.co.ke/history
- Rules – blogawards.co.ke/rules
- Categories – blogawards.co.ke/categories
- Video: youtube.com/watch?v=W0K9BLA7zHY
The Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE) is a community organization that promotes online content creation and free expression in Kenya.
About the Kenyan Blog Awards
The annual Kenyan Blog Awards seek to reward and recognize exceptional bloggers that have great and useful content, are creative and innovative. These awards represent BAKE’s efforts in the promotion of quality content creation.